Posted on 26th July 2023 at 14:34
We had JAM in the house on Wednesday 14th June – “What are they talking about now!” we hear you say :-D
Not the strawberry kind, but the 3 lovely human kind. 3 women based here in Northampton that put their names together, Julia Harris, Ann Brebner and Mandy Lagden, back in February 2020 (right before Lockdown just after being involved in a fundraiser for The Lewis Foundation) and made JAM.
Together they give their time and expertise to help charities and good causes based here in Northampton. They fit this in around jobs and other responsibilities so it can get a bit crazy sometimes but they are loving every minute of it.
To date they have raised just over £15,000 for local charities and are hoping to get close to £18,000 by the end of the year with their fundraiser JAMathon ’23 that runs over 3 months, starting late in September and ending just before Christmas. It raises for 3 charities. Last year JAMathon ’22 raised £2,175, giving £725 each to Deaf Connnect, Harrys Pals and Breast Friends Northants. This year they want to raise closer to £3,000, can’t tell you who for this year, still a secret, but the charities have been chosen.
If you would like to play a part in JAMathon ’23 they would love to hear from you. You could hold a small fundraiser for them, collaborate with them on an idea, support an event of theirs or just make a donation (once the Just Giving page is up and running).
Other snippets of information about JAM is that:
• their JAMmie HQ is based in the office space of Orchard Home Cleaning (A of JAM’s business)
• they don’t just fundraise they lend a helping hand too and have been seen gardening at The Hope Centre, helping out at a Spencer Contact furniture sale, litter picking, handing out food to rough sleepers with SCCYC, signing in at a dog show for The Dickens Trust and at a Hope Centre Big Sleep Out.
• they now run a networking event just for charities, that’s what they were doing at Square Feet on 14th June and they will be back again in December.
• they have a webpage with lots more news and photos, take a peek https://jmhphotostories.com/projects/view/jam/ and also a FB page https://www.facebook.com/JAMhelpingout
• they depend on support from JAMmie Heroes as every penny they raise goes to the charity they are raising for. Our Tom Green is a JAMmie Hero! It just means he has agreed that they can drop him a message when they are starting a fundraiser – to ask if he can help by 1) donating to the raffle (they always do a raffle!) 2) sponsoring the event 3) offering a venue or just 4) spreading the word of the event. He can say yes or no, no pressure. If you would like to be a JAMmie Hero please drop them a message.
Thankyou so much to this month's guest writer for such an informative blog, we are so proud to be support the JAM ladies and are excited to see what the future brings for them.
See you soon,
Share this post: